Looking for a cell phone plan?
Yes we know, it’s not easy!
You are trying to decide the best plan for you and your family, but there are so many things to consider: Type of plan, cell phones offered, how many minutes, text messages, features, services, pre-paid, etc etc etc…
But don’t stress! Know that it is important for you to take the time to shop around, look at all your options, and compare which company can offer you the best deal.
To make your job and decision a little easier, we put a list together of questions you can ask before you commit to sign any contract
After the jump!
Before you walk in the store try to have already some offers to show, either from a coupon, the internet or anywhere else. Providers will do anything to beat their competitors, so it will be good for you to take some advantage from the beginning.
Have this list and make sure with each plan you compare you ask the following important questions.
- What is the basic monthly charge?
- How many anytime minutes are included?
- How many free night and weekend minutes are included?
- What is per minute airtime rate if included minutes are exceeded?
- What is the long distance charge?
- Are there roaming charges when you are outside your local area? If so, how much per minute?
- What are the hours per day for peak versus off-peak minutes?
- What is the charge for text messages?
- What are the charges for Internet access if the phone has it?
- How long is the initial contract period?
- Can you make changes to the plan during the contract period?
- What is the cost of termination during the contract period?
- Do your phones support Nimbuzz? Yes! The free long and local calling, free text and free picture sharing service?
Now you are ready to go out and take the bull by the horns!
Tell us your experience choosing a new cell plan! Was it easy? Were you happy with it? Let us know in the section below!
Image credit goes here.